Sep 05 , 2021
With most of the kids going back to school this week, September marks the end of the summer.
You may be feeling like your hair has taken a beating from exposure to sunshine, sea water or chlorine, and if so are you ready to give your hair some TLC?
The summer sun can take its toll on hair. UV rays can be damaging to hair just as they can also be for skin which is why it is always important to consider protecting you hair from sun damage if you want to keep your hair in its best condition.
So what can you do if your hair has been recently resembling straw rather than luscious locks?
Now is the time to invest in products that help to restore your hair to health.
Combining our Daily Calma Conditioner and our En-Root Scalp Treatment in to an luxurious 2 in 1 hair and scalp mask creates a deeply penetrating luxurious and nourishing hair mask. The Ultimate Hair and Scalp Treatment.
What you'll need
1. Daily Calma Conditioner
Our Daily Calma Conditioner has a rich consistency and powerful formula dense with active ingredients for strengthening and repairing damaged hair such as:
Hydrolysed Wheat Protein -
Hydrolyzed wheat protein has the ability to pass through the hair cuticle and hydrate the hair shaft. In addition to boosting the shine and preventing breakage, wheat protein also helps retain moisture in the hair, giving it a thicker appearance.
Camellia Japonica Seed Oil -
This powerful antioxidant oil is famous for it’s repairing powers and is Packed with Oleic acid (Omega-9) and vitamins A, B, D & E.
Jojoba Oil -
Jojoba Oil has a wide range of benefits for hair and scalp, helping to hydrate, seal and protect tired tresses, it’s the miracle Australian ingredient full of vitamins and minerals that your dry hair is crying out for.
Squalane is a popular skincare ingredient known for it’s healing and restorative properties but is also amazing for hair, adding softness and shine, protection from heat styling and improving the hair strands fullness and appearance.
2. En-Root Scalp Treatment
Our En-Root Scalp Treatment is like a facial for the scalp. As well as Stimulating hair growth and exfoliating dead skin, our hero treatment also helps to rebalance moisture levels and deeply nourish the skin of the scalp which could be just what your scalp needs after a parching summer.
Within the formula you will find powerful moisturising oils such as:
The ultimate hair and scalp treatment.
- Start with dry hair and gently brush through removing any knots by working from the ends first. A good brush for this is a natural or soft bristle brush.
- Apply the En-Root Scalp treatment to your scalp using the nozzle applicator and working in sections to ensure even coverage.
- Once applied use your fingers to massage the oil in to the scalp to distribute the treatment. Massaging helps with exfoliation as well as blood circulation to the scalp for encouraging healthy hair growth. Massage for 3-5 mins.
- Now dampen down your hair using water spray aiming at the mid lengths and ends so as not to rinse off the oil from the scalp.
- Dispense some conditioner in to a bowl and the apply two drops of En-Root to the conditioner and mix together.
- Now apply the conditioner to the mid lengths and ends of your hair and comb through using a wide toothed comb or detangling brush.
- Wrap your hair in a towel and clip it, leaving it for two hours whilst you relax before rinsing thoroughly. You can follow with a light cleanse of the scalp if necessary.
Some extra tips for post summer hair care -
Book in to have a a hair cut. removing dry/split ends is a great way to improve your overall hair condition and appearance post summer.
Take a heat styling detox. Put down the hot tools for a few weeks to allow your hair to recover from the summer months. We wrote an article you may find useful called 'How to detox your hair in isolation' You can read it by clicking HERE
If you have any questions we are here as always, just drop us an email at email@example.com.
You can stay in touch with us on social @wearecentred