This unique oil based cleanser is designed to gently exfoliate your scalp to remove dead skin, build-up and other impurities that may lead to dandruff if untreated. An award winning blend of 11 different oils combined with Salicylic Acid, this is the ideal pre-wash scalp treatment for creating a healthier scalp and promoting optimal hair growth.
100% VEGAN - NO SULFATES - SILICONE FREE - PLASTIC NEGATIVE
Scalp treatments can be beneficial for a variety of reasons. For one, they can help to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells and buildup on the scalp, which left untreated, can lead to itching, flaking, and dandruff. Additionally, scalp treatments often include moisturizing ingredients that can help to hydrate the scalp and hair, preventing dryness and promoting a healthy environment for hair growth. They can also help to promote healthy blood flow to the scalp, which can encourage hair growth and strengthen existing hair. Furthermore, Scalp treatments can also target specific hair concerns such as hair loss or thinning, or improve the overall appearance of the hair, making it look fuller, healthier and shinier. In summary, regular scalp treatments can improve the overall health of the scalp and hair, leading to stronger, healthier, and more beautiful hair.
What is the best scalp treatment?
Our En-Root Scalp Oil was voted best haircare product by Get The Gloss. We call our En-Root Scalp Treatment a scalp 'facial in a bottle'. Our En Root Scalp Oil is designed to nourish and revitalize the scalp. It is formulated with natural ingredients like castor oil, coconut oil, peppermint oil, and salicylic acid. The latter being a gentle exfoliant often found in skincare that helps to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. This promotes healthy hair growth, moisturises, and soothes the scalp. The oil can be used as a pre-shampoo treatment, it is suitable for all hair types and is natural, cruelty-free and vegan.
How can I treat my scalp at home?
Ensure the scalp remains hydrated and nourished to retain moisture and prevent dandruff. Using natural shampoos, conditioners and oils help to cleanse, condition and seal the scalp and hair, keeping it looking and feeling better.
Will it make my hair greasy?
No. Thanks to the unique oil-milk formulation, the En-Root Oil magically transforms from an oil to a milk when rinsed with water, allowing you to rinse the oil out of your hair leaving no residue. Using an oil to cleanse the scalp in this way is actually very good if you are prone to getting oily hair as oil attracts oil, and because this treatment will replenish moisture, your scalp will be left nourished as opposed to harsh shampoos that leave the scalp stripped which can cause an overproduction of oil to occur.
What products are good for scalp health?
There are a variety of products available that can help promote scalp health:
- Scalp exfoliants: These products, often in the form of scrubs or brushes, can help to remove dead skin cells and buildup on the scalp. We use an oil formula designed to be used with head massage to help promote healthy blood flow and circulation.
- Scalp treatments: These products often contain nourishing ingredients like vitamins, minerals, and oils that can help to moisturize and hydrate the scalp. They can also target specific concerns such as dandruff or hair loss.
- Shampoo and conditioner: Look for products that are sulfate-free, and contain ingredients that are beneficial for the scalp such as chamomile, amino acids and aloe vera.
- Essential oils: Some essential oils such as tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and rosemary oil can be beneficial for scalp health by promoting healthy blood flow, fighting off bacteria and fungus, and moisturizing the scalp.
- Hair supplements: Some hair supplements are formulated with ingredients like biotin, collagen, and zinc which can help to promote healthy hair growth and strengthen the hair from the inside out.
How do I deep clean my scalp?
This four step scalp detox will leave your scalp feeling refreshed, nourished and revitalised.
Step 1 - Apply the En-Root Scalp Oil with Salicylic Acid and Tea Tree directly to a dry scalp in sections.
Step 2 - Using our Squishy scalp massager, exfoliate the scalp in circular motions for 3-5 minutes (this feels amazing btw). Not only will this exfoliate dead skin and product build-up but will also help to nourish hair follicles, helping to speed up healthy hair growth.
Step 3 - Leave the oil to rest for 20 minutes, upto 2 hours. Top tip - multitask while you wait by doing some yoga and meditation.
Step 4 - Rinse hair and scalp thoroughly with warm water and follow with our Daily Calma Shampoo.